It is that time of year where we put up a Christmas tree. Brandon and I don't own a fake tree and don't really feel like spending money on a real tree, so we got creative. See pic. I now know that the Larson's ( for those of you who don't know we are living in their house until we leave for Australia) own a fake tree and we might put that up tomorrow. I am actually getting kind of attached to the little tree. It reminds me of the Charley Brown Christmas tree. I would say that our tree ( actually it is Anna's) is a little more green than Charley Brown's, but whose comparing? Now if you want to see a true creative tree go to Ben and Anna's blog.
Wooo ha! We got dumped on last night! See pics. I think we got about 5-6 inches! I really, really, really want to go snowboarding! I didn't get to go last year because a certain little girl was still inside of me. For some reason the doctor didn't think it would be a good idea. I can't imagine why : -)
I feel as though I must comment on our temporary nextdoor neighbors. First, they are college guys and second, I don't think they are used to dealing with snow. Yesterday the snow started falling around 2pm and was supposed to go strong into the night. Well, our neighbor decided that he should shovel his driveway at 3pm. I wanted to go out there and suggest that to save time perhaps he should wait until ALL the snow had fallen before he place his wits against the mighty snow storm.
Later that night, Brandon and I were snug in our beds, when we awoke to a sound out by our heads. What could cause such a melodious tune? I pulled back the curtain and looked out to see, our neighbor again at war with a white sea.
It is soooooooo nice to be woken up by the sound of metal against concrete. I wonder if the thought ever crossed his mind that he lives in a neighborhood and that some people actually try to go to sleep around 10:30pm. We just turned on our fan and drowned out the hideous sound. But what of those that did not own such a device? What about those poor souls who could not drown out the sound? Perhaps I should start a non-profit organization. I shall call it NANSR " Neighbors Against Nocturnal Snow Removal" and my goal will be to place fans in ever bedroom in West Lafayette. This will prevent any loss of sleep that might have been caused by shoveling of snow late at night. Talk about spending money to round-aboutly fix a problem. Sometimes I "think" this is how our govt. works. Of course something like this would be some senator's pet project that would be dogeared in the latest Farm bill along with a million other pet projects that are a waste of our time and money.
Sorry about the rant : -)
No comments:
Post a Comment