23.7.07

Back home

Well I haven't done a very good job of updating you on the last leg of our trip. Perhaps I will do that some evening within the next week.

Just wanted to say that we made it back ok with all of our luggage in tow. Funny thing though...the "not so nice" customs lady we dealt with on our way over was there on our return! I started laughing, of course she would be there :-) She still had a scowl on her face too! Thankfully some guy called us to his line before she could set her cold, icy eyes upon us. We got through customs easily, a prayer answered.

The girls slept through the night and woke at 7am in the third day. I am very thankful for that. The first morning we all woke up around 4 and laid around until 6. We decided there was no point to laying around any longer and went to the beach to have coffee and watch the sunrise. Brrrrrrrrrr, very cold but enjoyable.

So we are back in Oz, home for right now. It is good to be back and getting into a routine. At church people welcomed us back and made us feel like we were missed. That helps a lot with the homesickness.

The winter weather welcomed us as well. Record lows, oh yeah. I am not loving the laundry thing, but such is life. It has been frosting at night, I am not sure how cold it gets inside but I am guessing it is close to 40 or so. Oz winters.

We have started packing. Daryl and Brit came over on Saturday and helped pack up the things we don't need for the next week. It will be nice to have this all done with in a week. This will be the ninth time we have moved in our almost 5 years of marriage. I don't know how keen I am about adding to that sum, but who knows what God is planning?

We will take pics of the new house soon.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'm glad you had such a great trip to the US!!!

Anonymous said...

So....when can we call you? Call us as soon as you can.