Yesterday we spent all morning at the beach. It has been pretty hot the past few days. The coast is always a good place to cool off.
Brandon rented a foam board (good for beginners) for surfing. Abby and I gave it a try after he was done. Thus the pain. My arms and abs (or lack there of) are very much in pain. I suppose trying to battle waves, getting crushed by them, and then trying to pop up on a surf board is a work out. I was able to stand up a couple times but only for a second or two. Snowboarding seems so easy now. At least with snowboarding the snow doesn't move around much (well except for avalanches I guess).
The waves we were trying to surf were only around 3 feet. It is amazing though how such small waves can be so powerful. I can't imagine surfing ones that are 10 feet and above. Crazy.
I had a wetsuit on which was nice. I felt more protected from all the swimmy things that could have been around me. Wetsuits give a false sense of protection though. Jellyfish stingers can get through and obviously a shark would have no problems. Ha, it would be like chewing gum for a shark. Probably shouldn't laugh seeing as though several people in the past month have been bit. There was a plane flying over our beach keeping a look out (common practice during the summer months) for any sharks. It is pretty rare to see many this far south but.... we have had a pretty cool summer.
Having just said all that, we are going back to the beach tomorrow with playgroup :-)

The garden is frying in this hot weather. Our rain barrel is pretty much empty and there is no rain in sight. Thankfully I can water on Tuesdays and Saturdays. We should try to do without. When the Northerlies blow down the garden needs some help. Everything looks sad after being under the hair dryer all day.
Update (10:45pm): Dust storm today = dirty house
3 comments:
Okay, its 9 degrees right now in WY, and its been snowing all day. Thanks for letting me know its warm and sunny somewhere in the world. BTW, we're praising the Lord for B's new job!
I will send you some of our warm weather. Should arrive in about 5 months.
Hey, Meg, that is a great picture of you surfing! I guess you learned pretty quickly - that's my girl! Maybe you could give Brando some lessons.
Post a Comment