Monday -
It has snowed. I don't know how but the girls knew at 5am that it was snowing and decided to come tell us. They were very "sited." (excited, but in Jolene speak)
We had breakfast and then bundled up for the traditional chopping down of the Christmas tree. Drove to the tree farm only to discover it would not open until 1pm. Not to fear, the morning was not wasted. We decided to go sledding instead. I was not feeling well so I did not participate. From all accounts the girls loved it, Gids was taking a nap at home. Adele would flip over from time to time. She didn't mind, in fact she was giggling and asking for another ride before she back to the top. Jolene, the always adventurous, had a blast.
They made snow angels too. Another item checked off from our list.
After lunch we headed back to the tree farm to find that perfect tress. After wandering around the fields for a while we finally found one. Everyone had a turn at the hacksaw.
Tomorrow we decorate!
No comments:
Post a Comment