22.3.10

Baseball

Brandon and I are teaching the kids how to play. I suppose we should actually call it T-ball.

I am surprised by how much they like it. I thought they would lose interest quickly. We played for almost 45 minutes today. The girls wanted to keep playing but Gideon was ready for something new.

We need to get a proper plastic ball and bat. The one we have is for Gideon's age. The bat is almost too little for the girls hands...that's a first.

I don't think the odds are very high of finding a set for sale in the store.

Gideon is giving up his morning nap and Adele is done with her afternoon one. I am having a hard time trying to keep Gids entertained while teaching Jolene. Any ideas? He will colour for about two minutes and then everything ends up on the floor. The same with playdough. I know this will only last for a little while, I am just trying to keep from being too frustrated while in it.

Adele has just shown me that she can now draw hearts. A very important accomplishment for any little girl. Adele has grown up a lot lately. She no longer uses nappies, she gave up her passie on her own accord, and she no longer has naps. She often answers one of our qeestions by saying "of course!"

Example:

Me: "Adele would you like to have a drink?"
Adele: "of course!"

Me: "Adele it is time to eat, please go sit at the table."
Adele: "of course"

We are very proud of her recent accomplishments, especially the ability to draw hearts :-)

2 comments:

eleni said...

It's so nice to hear about Adele's recent accomplishments. And that they're learning how to play baseball! I remember playing that when we were little. It was a lot of fun. :)

It's always nice to hear about what's going on with your family.

I hope you're able to find a good solution for Gideon too!

Love you all..

Em said...

Meg, I experienced some of the same problems with homeschooling when Deacon was Gid's age. I tried to bear it as long as I could. I would maybe let him do a puzzle in my lap at the table while Anabelle was doing some work. Then, I'd put him in his crib with lots of board books while a fun CD played. I'd let him do that for 20-30 minutes. Finally, I'd let him do about a 30 minute DVD so I could finish up. I seemed to feel better if it was "educational"--Elmo, Baby Einstein, Wiggles, etc. I don't know if this is helpful at all, but hang in there! I'm sure you are doing a good job!