7.2.11

What can I say? I love art.


The kids and I just watched this via our friend N. Bingham. Although I haven't seen the entire film, Ice Book looks lovely. Not just the viewing experience but how we get to see the end result of two peoples' ideas. In this case the ideas of Davy and Kristin McGuire. I always get excited seeing how people combine various mediums to communicate a story, thought, or idea. The creative ability God gives people is so fascinating. It is especially interesting when people via self-teaching create original and unusual works. Read the McGuire's bio on the Ice Book and you will see what I mean. Big budgets and fancy tools are not needed to create things of beauty.

The work of Davy & Kristin McGuire reminds me of the 1902 black and white film made by George Méliès called Le voyage dans la lune or The Trip to the Moon. G. Méliès work is apparently very much liked by the McGuires, so I shouldn't be surprised by the visual connection between the two.

You can watch Le voyage dans la lune here.

Note* Here is another video created by the same husband wife duo called The Girl With Two Tone Hair. This video uses the same technology as The Ice Book.



 

No comments: