I continue to realize as I teach the kids at home that I need to speak clearly and explain, lots.
Take today for example. I told Jolene to go play her songs (piano music) two times each.
Sometime later she comes into the kitchen crying. She said she couldn't play all of them. I told it was only four songs and that it shouldn't be that big of a deal. J then said through tears and wailing that she couldn't play through the whole book.
I stared for a minute and then asked her to repeat herself.
Me: "Did you say the whole book?"
J:"Yes"
Me: "Oh Jolene, I just meant the songs that Daddy has taught you."
J: "I didn't know that!"
Tonight I was talking to Brandon in the back room and glanced over at the piano book. It was on page 34. She had tried to play through 34 pages of music. Only four of which she actually knew.
I feel really bad now. So yes, I need to improve on the explaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment