28.12.06

God cares about the little things too

I just thought I would share this with all who read the blog,maybe it will help someone else.

Wednesday night I was feeling really homesick. Brandon and I were talking about being so far away from home and how we wish sometimes we could just get into the car and drive to our parents houses. I don't feel homesick every day but I think after the holidays it has been particularly hard.

When I feel homesick I try to pray and that helps me focus on why we are here and how God has provided for all our needs since we have been here.

On Thursday God showed me once again how he will provide even for needs that don't seem like top priority. Thursday morning my dad called. He said that he just felt like he needed to call. The call helped me in my homesickness as most spontaneous calls, letters, etc. do from friends and family.

Not only did the call help with my homesickness it also helped show me once again that God cares for even our smallest needs and that we should always be lifting them up in prayer.





A little something for the grandparents...

Jolene's first haircut. I only cut about 1/2 inch off or so just to even it up a little. I don't think it helped though. Her hair is too curly/wavy for it to ever look very even. Oh well I tried.


Here is Adele after her bath. I think she enjoyed it, what do you think? :-)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could be of help to my four favorite Australians...I certainly was reminded once again not to ignore those promptings from the Lord. Love you all

Anonymous said...

I miss you soo much!!!!

I am already looking forward to this summer!!!

I love you!!!

Love,
Jan

Anonymous said...

you're coming this summer? I am so excited. we gotta cheeill. AWESOME.