30.12.06

Speed cameras oh how I loathe thee



So Brandon and I have accumulated two speeding tickets over the span of a few weeks now. Ohh how it angers me. The first was on the way to the hospital so I think that one should be excused. The second was driving to the grocery store. I was going 55 in a 50, that converts to going 34mph in a 31 mph zone. 3 over!!!!! grrrrrrr is all I can say.
So that is about $300 in fines. Oh the joy.

All I can say is that it is good I don't have the mustang over here right now. I don't drive it really fast (by really fast I mean 100 mph) but I certainly don't stay within 3mph or 5kph of the speed limit. I realized too that if I was driving it here I would have real problems knowing how fast I was going since the dial is in mph instead of kph, I would constantly have to convert. Either that or make some kind of cover to put on the dial that way in kph.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Did you ask them about driving to the hospital being excused for "exceptional circumstances"? Dad got out of his fine for speeding while driving to Geelong to be with Allen after the fire. That is really annoying, though...but I thought they gave you 5 k's over before they fined you. Hmm, maybe I heard wrong. Did you guys ever think about having the Mustang brought over or something?

Well, Happy New Year! I don't know if mom and dad are staying up, but we girls hope to -- maybe with Greame and Allison. :o)

See yous.

Anonymous said...

THREEEEE OVERRR????!!?!??!!

WHAT THE!!!!

I would be in JAIL down there with my G35!

I have a story for you. The other day I was on the 294 south (that's the tollway around Chicago), and I'm right before the O'Hare Oasis (the little pitstop places they have on the tollway so they keep you locked into the tollway and you can't get off), and there's a U-turn right there, before it. Of course the U-turn is only for cops. Well, I'm in the left lane and doing well over the (dorky) 55mph speed limit, and all of a sudden there's a cop coming the opposite way. Well, I see that he's slowing down to turn through the U-turn and come my way! Oh no! So I quickly, but legally, with presence of mind, slow down, use my signal, cross 4 lanes safely (within about .1 mile), and exit to the Oasis - and he didn't follow! I think as the cop was waiting for traffic to clear as he turned around in the U-turn he didn't see me get off! I was SURE I was nabbed! HAHAHAHAH!!! I can't believe I juked a cop! *sigh!