9.4.07

I wish my car was the Enterprise


Jolene was holding Adele until Brandon started coming up the stairs. She tried to make a run for it and while Adele was still in her lap, hence the look of distress on Adele. Kinda funny actually.




Today, we were planning on driving to the Blackwood's house ( 2 hour and some minutes) for a surprise day party for Maria.

We got to the center of Geelong and red lights stared to come on, the car started making beeping noises and I could hear a boiling noise. I thought that perhaps if I turned around I would see Captain Kirk behind me yelling "Scottie I need more power!". Unfortunately I was not on the Enterprise, we could have cut the time of the trip by 2 hours and some minutes if we were. Instead we were in the Ford Falcon aka "hoon mobile" and it was sick. Apparently the alternator belt decided our car was no longer cool, and jumped ship. This led to the battery light coming on, the water pump no longer pumping and the car over heating, not so great when you are trying to drive over 100km.

So, what to do? We called a few people and finally were able to get a hold of Josh and Sarah. Josh picked us up and took us home. So that is the end of the story really. We didn't go, bummer. It would have been fun and we had a killer present as well.


If you happen to see a loitering belt call us asap.

4 comments:

eleni said...

I'm sorry to hear about the car trouble. :/

Stella is managing to keep herself running but she could use some work...the fan for the heat keeps going out but if we drive over deep enough pot holes it starts running again. :) Oh and we added a new sticker. Abby bought a "Christ's Crown and Covenant" sticker so now Stella is officially a covenanter car, hehe...but anyway..I like the picture of Jolene and Adele and the description that goes with it..was Jolene scared of her dad or excited to see him? :)

I wish I could beam myself to and from campus every day, that would be the life. Those guys had a pretty darn good on the Enterprise..

Ok this is gettin' to be kinda long, but I hope you all are doing well and I send my love!

-- Aunt LNI
P.S. What was the killer present??

BamFam said...

Can't tell you because then Maria will find out :-)

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Adele....just bring her to Indiana so she can get some better treatment! Glad to hear about the sticker on Stella. Perhaps it will scare away the car-breaking gremlins. Probably wouldn't hurt to slap a sticker on your airplane when you all fly home..can't be too careful.

Anonymous said...

hey,
nice pics b
got to go
~jan