Horsee has been found! Actually he was found the next day. Gids climbed into bed with us around 4am and whimpered for Horsee until 7am. I kicked the girls outside and told them to search very hard for the lost friend. Thankfully J had her eagle eyes on and spotted Horsee's head poking out from underneath the plastic pool. J was the favorite child for the day :-)
BIKE RIDING
Brandon rides almost 40 Ks to and from work most days. So he is involved in the cycling scene a bit. We are trying to teach Jolene to ride a two-wheeler but she doesn't have a great desire. So until she musters the courage we came up with another solution so that the entire family can go bike riding. See below. Tonight we biked to the mall to pick up a smaller helmet and a three-wheeled scooter for G. He will probably ride a two-wheeler before Jolene does. He loves all things with wheels.
![]() |
| The crew. |
![]() |
| Helmets. G sporting the one we just bought at the mall. |
![]() |
| B's work bike plus trailer. A & G ride in the trailer. |
![]() |
| B's mountain bike that I ride with J on the back. |
Brandon and I went to the grand opening of CATC, a new design college in Melbourne. The college is about a block from the big train station (Southern Cross) in Melbourne which is awesome. I wanted to go because I am interested in their part time study option. They have a two year study program that meets just two nights a week for 6 hours total. This coming Wednesday I am taking in a portfolio of work so that they can have a look and see if I might fit in with their graphic design course. I am wrestling with whether it is a good time to do something like this. I have always wanted to go back to school but I am not sure 2013 will be the best option. There is a lot to think about. So for now we will be praying and slowly investigating.
At the opening we meet an elderly man who runs the Melbourne Museum of Printing. It was great talking to him. He started working with type when he was 9 and has never looked back. I can only imagine the vast amount of wealth that is stored in his brain. I am looking into taking some printing classes from there as option B. They offer classes in letterpress which would be right down my alley. The only problem is the cost. It can add up pretty quickly. We will see.




No comments:
Post a Comment