27.10.08

Five more days, lying, and the last thing it saw before it died.

So far Brandon has been gone 6 days and now another five (all of this week). I can't say how thankful, once again, I am that he is going now and not right after Gideon came.

So last week I got really sick (102 fever, sinus stuff, etc.). Brandon was already gone and couldn't come home. Lets just say Tuesday was a very sad day. Thankfully there were willing hands from church to come help out. I was in a daze most of Tuesday from the fever and then just exhausted on Wednesday. Thankfully the sickness only lasted two days.

Last Thursday we spent the night at a friend's house. That helped a lot in breaking up the week. That Friday morning I had two doctor appointments for the girls, I went out of our friend's house to start the car and nothing. It almost turned over but just couldn't do it. So we didn't make it to the appointments and instead got to stay longer at our friends house, not a bad trade :-) The car only needed a battery and is now up and running again.

This week is going to be pretty laid back until the weekend comes. Jolene has her ballet recital on Saturday, dress rehearsal on Friday. We go to McKinnon on Sunday to worship because Brandon is leading the Psalms. Then Monday is when his parents arrive.



Lately I have been really struggling with Jolene over the issue of lying. She just started doing it and it really makes me sad. She does it straight to my face and without blinking. I am really struggling with how to best deal with this. She is disciplined for it but I haven't seen much change yet. This is probably the biggest issue I am praying for at the moment concerning the kids. Sometimes I wonder if I am explaining what lying is in a clear fashion. If any of you have good ways of explaining it I would be grateful. Her lying tends to be ones where she is placing all the blame on Adele, even when Adele is asleep and couldn't have possibly done it.

Last week was also hard for this reason. I caught Jolene in several lies and it was hard always having to deal with it on my own. I am trying to keep this in prayer every day.






This is the last picture our camera took. Jolene dropped it and it died. You served us well little camera, rest in peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg, we'll be praying for you as well with the lying issue. Hopefully you'll have some great advice when I have to address this issue with my kids! Glad you hear you are feeling better. It's so hard to be a mom and do all the mom things when you are down and sick like that! Would love to see pictures of Jolene's recital. Have a great visit with the in-laws!

Jeanne said...

Jemimah went through this stage too. It is a stage - it passes!

Don't forget that discipline is a process, not a destination - that helps us alot. Try for lots of positive encouragement for good stuff as well.

We'll be praying for you especially this week.