As a biologist, I think this project sounds really cool. I am hoping it doesn't take the whole ten years as projected. EOL is going to be this massive database on every species know to man. Several natural history museums, universities, and scientists from around the world will be heading the project. Here is what a sample page will look like. This is something I could waste many hours on. Hmmm lets see what this animal looks like, or where this bacteria can be found. I particularly like the biodiversity graphs, the layout is cool looking. Anyway, I am excited.
Oh just to warn you, the video is a bit fluffy. You almost feel like you should be singing Kumbaya along with it. You have to make those donating money feel good about themselves otherwise they won't write those big cheques.
2 comments:
That's a good idea. I really liked the tool that let you navigate the kingdoms, classes, families and such.
I knew it! You spelled check, cheque...I caught you writing like an Aussie.
Post a Comment